Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Everything comes in 3s

After being off work for a couple of days with a chest infection, I was hoping it would be the last in a run of bad health luck - first the chicken pox, then a nasty bruise that won't go away, and now a chest infection - because of that old saying: "everything comes in 3s". I'll have to wait a while to see if it pans out, though.

However, I was back at work today and since I managed to survive, I figured I'd treat myself to some DVDs. And what a nice surprise it was to be totally spoiled for choice! I mean, normally it's a struggle to find just one movie I want to watch, but I was walking up and down the aisles, twiddling my fingers nervously wondering what I should choose. And since I'd been thinking in 3s lately, I grabbed "Boogeyman 3" as my first choice. This was quickly followed by "The Grudge 3". I already knew about these movies and had been waiting a while for them to be released here. Then I came across "Legally Blonde 3", which I had no idea had been made. I thought how appropriate that my three movie choices should be the third instalment in three different franchises.

Luckily, my sane inner voice stepped in at that moment with the powerful cry of "Ew! Ew! Ew! Surely you'd rather have your fingernails forcibly removed with pliers that sit throught that? What the hell are you thinking?" So I chose "The Midnight Meat Train" instead, and my evening was set. However, I was hovering over such titles as:

"100 Feet", in which Famke Janssen is terrorised by her dead husband.

"The Unborn" in which Odette Yustman is terrorised by a fetus-style ghost and some very tight underwear.

"The Uninvited" in which Emily Browning is terrorised by ghosts and a dastardly mother-in-law.

"Lakeview Terrace" in which Patrick Wilson and Kerry Washington are terrorised by neighbour Samuel L. Jackson.

I believe there were more that had me interested, but I was overwhelmed as it was. I figured I might do a double feature in the near future with "The Uninvited" and "Passengers" (starring Anne Hathaway), as the previews and plot sypnoses have me convinced I already know how they'll end, and I want to see if I'm right. In the meantime, I have to figure out how to fit in "Boogeyman 1, 2, 3" and "The Grudge 1, 2, 3" around tonight's "Law & Order: SVU" which guest stars Hilary Duff and simply can't be missed.

1 comment:

  1. I really don't know what to say (a foetus-style ghost?) other than 'so much terror, so little time'. Plus, I interviewed Famke Janssen years ago and she was lovely.

    ReplyDelete